Home of the Concorde Wheelchair Dancers, Bristol's wheelchair dance team
The Concorde Wheelchair Dancers are a wheelchair dance team who meet every Monday evening from 7.15pm to 9pm at Page Hall, Staple Hill, Bristol (see the "About the Team" section for directions). You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phoning our chair person, Chez, on 07708 791565.
Our members are aged from 8 to 80, have a range of disabilities and levels of dancing experience - we're interested in what you can do, not what you can't do! If you can propel your own wheelchair, whether manual or electric, and you want to experience the fun and exercise of wheelchair dance, the Concordes want to hear from you. On our website, you can read all about our team, check out our blog, see what we've been up to in the media, and find out more about wheelchair dancing across the UK through our Wheelchair Dance Directory; our "Friends & Thanks" page also has links to other wheelchair dance-related web pages, along with our sponsors and charities without whose donations and support we couldn't continue to do what we do.
The Concordes invite you to join in with:
- Social and competitive dancing across the UK
- A wheelchair dance tutor with over ten years experience
- Dances for: wheelchair couples; mixed able-bodied and wheelchair couples; formation ballroom in teams, both in wheelchairs and mixed
- Participation in bi-annual wheelchair dance festivals held by the Wheelchair Dance Association of Great Britain
- Fundraising events
- Fun days, demonstrations and other opportunities to show off your wheelchair dance skills - check out our blog to see more of what we do!
We hope you enjoy your visit to our little corner of the web, and gain some understanding and appreciation for our world of wheelchair dance - please don't forget to sign our guest book to let us know about your interest in our sport and hobby!
All images and content copyright 2012 Rob Chilcott and the Concorde Wheelchair Dancers
Latest: thanks for inviting the Concordes to perform at Inspiration 4 Ability. See you next year?